Car Accidents | A Hard Time To Feel Alone
Nothing is more isolating than recovering from a car accident injury. No matter what the circumstances of the accident were, you must deal with the ongoing pain and medical struggles, the bills ahead and the loss of your vehicle. It’s a lot.
There’s no question that you need help, but you may not know where to look for it.
As personal injury attorneys, the team at Toresco & Simonelli Attorneys At Law is here to get you through it. We represent clients from West Islip and across Long Island in car accident cases.
Your injuries may be some of the most painful you’ve ever been through, but our lawyers will stand with you and fight for the compensation you need to get back to it.
Car Accident FAQs
Knowing how to proceed with your car accident claim after a crash is crucial. Here are some of the most frequent questions we hear from injury victims
What If The Other Driver Involved Doesn’t Have Insurance?
Because New York is a no-fault state, you can typically file a claim through your own insurer and seek recovery benefits through them. You can still file a lawsuit against the uninsured driver. However, not all uninsured drivers have sufficient funds to cover recovery expenses.
What Evidence Should Be Gathered After An Accident?
You’ll want to gather witness statements, police reports and pictures from the crash scene. It’s also important to obtain injury information from your medical provider. All this evidence can increase your chances of building a solid and compelling personal injury case.
Is There A Statute Of Limitations To Pursue A Car Accident Claim In New York?
In New York, you have three years from the crash date to pursue an injury claim. The only exception is if someone dies in the collision. If so, you have two years from the date of the victim’s death to pursue a claim.
What Can I Recover Compensation For?
You can receive compensation for your car crash to cover things like:
- Medical expenses
- Treatment for injuries related to the car crash
- Time away from work
You deserve to recover from your car crash injury with peace of mind. We can help you pursue compensation from your insurer to cover all applicable expenses associated with your injury. Reach out today by calling 631-830-6329.
Complications Of Car Accidents
A car accident is often more than just a car accident. Sure, some of the basics are the same, but, depending on the circumstances, no two cases are ever the same. Some of the complications we regularly work with involve:
- Commercial trucks: A truck accident – or any accident with a commercial vehicle, including buses and construction vehicles – involves some of the most painful injuries possible. These commercial companies have fierce legal teams that fight every claim against them.
- Pedestrian knockdowns: Long Island and New York are known for heavy pedestrian traffic. That doesn’t necessarily make the roads “pedestrian-friendly.” Knockdowns are potentially extremely dangerous, and the bills from recovery are costly.
- Hit-and-run accidents: In most car crashes, you at least have talked to the other driver to exchange information. That isn’t the case in a hit-and-run, and pursuing compensation is highly difficult but not impossible.
- Rideshare accidents: Over the past decade, rideshare services have become an increasingly popular alternative to traditional taxis. With this rise in prominence rideshare accidents and related complications, have also grown in frequency.
Our team dedicates our total attention to each case we take on. We understand the stress you’re under and take every step to remove that stress. We take on the insurance companies who deny your claims and serve as your voice.
We Want To Speak With You So We Can Speak For You
Our staff speaks Spanish, Portuguese and Greek. We want to help you.